Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My College-My love!!

National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur



Its my final semester in the college, still i feel the same tension when the exams begin as i used to get in the first year, the same joy when the exams are over. Tears fill my eye when i think about leaving it in another 3 months. I still remember the day i entered this college, this dust bowl-the place known as jamshedpur. I wanted to return home-back to mumbai, but stayed back on my dad`s insistence. After all this is supposed to be National Institute of Technology, or NIT as we know, but nothing looked like of national importance, neither could i get the feeling of being in a technical institute. It took us really long time to reach the college, not too much distance..about 12 kms..but the sights during the back breaking journey made my determination to go back strong. The first sight-herd of cows grazing in front of administrative building. Next the rickety hostels which i was sure would fall if i touch them..and the best part..the mess food..if anyone would have offered it to the dogs, they would have prefered to stay hungry.

But things do change, and the change was too much to digest..a beautiful digital library, gardens and manicured lawns, fountains everywhere, and after i saw hostels of other nits as well as iit kgp i was more then satisfied, our hostels were much better. What next - WiFi next month.

But to me, my college is much more-i met people from all over india, made best friends here, organised parties, had treats and helluva fun.The relationships i made, i wish them to last forever.

I remember my disastrous first year, laid back second year, hard working third year, and i`m enjoying to the fullest the fourth and final year. I got much more than i asked for. Relaxing and chilling out here, i feel that god makes good decisions for us!! The hostel life taught me too much about life-some good, some bad..but as they say-life is not always a bed of roses. Last week, I went out to a few companies for sponsorship for our cultural fest..Enjoyed it..Was a bit skeptical about what they`ll say..would i stammer..but it was a cake walk..Hopefully life remains cool as this always..i love living this way..life is nice..On june 1st, i start a new life..my corporate life..with dreams in my eye, i jet set for the sky..

3 comments:

Mannubhai-The Madman said...

hey gandhi dat was a vry nice post..seriously life in diz college has been gr8 .. would have been better if u have made it a little longer without an abrupt change in the theme..all in all a gud one!! Hope 2 hear 4m u more frequently.Cheers!!

zEaLoUsMe™ said...

all the best for ur new life!!! since u ve few mths 2 stay in da coll..(i hop u also doin)njoy to the most!!!! and not 2 4get stay in touch wid ur frnds!! hehe!!

all the best again!!

--zEaLoUsMe--
aka Sakshi's younger sis!

Unknown said...

will miss this four years.ya our's was not the collge we were expecting of a NIT but since the first day it's seen alot o change.thanks largely 2 Debashis Bhattacharjee.after he's left we r on a decline n it's high time we get a good director.panda was a big flop.
moreovr i believe it's the ppl around u tht make anything special.luckily i got wonderful frndz here, u being one of them.certainly as our days come to an end,i'll leave this coll wid a heavy heart.
just like u, m too excited to start my professional life.2 end with "it's not the end but the opening up of a yet another fragment of the beauty called LIFE"..